All required readings will be made available on EReserves via Blackboard as PDFs, and are largely selections from the books listed below. Optional further readings are in these books. As the class is small and the books are optional, I have not ordered them, but will leave you to either just use the PDFs available on the EReserves from Blackboard, or to get them from online bookstores in whatever way you prefer. Keep in mind that getting the right translation is important.
Here are links to the Amazon.com pages for the books on the syllabus.
- (Husserl) The Idea of Phenomenology (translated by Alston & Nakhnikian)
- (Husserl) Ideas (translated by Boyce-Gibson)
- (Sartre) The Transcendence of the Ego (translated by Williams and Kirkpatrick)
- (Sartre) Being and Nothingness (translated by Barnes)
- (Heidegger) Being and Time (translated by McQuarrie & Robinson)
- (Heidegger) Basic Problems of Phenomenology (translated by Hofstadter)
- (Merleau-Ponty) Phenomenology of Perception (translated by Smith)